07 Aug 5 Ways to get back in Formation, Queen Bey Style!
Beyoncé Knowles is featured in the latest issue of Vogue where she gives a very candid interview on her life post baby 2nd time around. She gets real about her body and how she is accepting it for what it is now and not what society wants it to be. She also talks about how she learned to put herself first and how self care and self love has not only allowed her to embrace herself, but to be embraced by her husband and kids as well. The journey to getting back to yourself post baby may be a tough one in the beginning but taking the first step is key! Here are 5 ways you can get back in formation, Queen Bey style!
- Accept your new curves, you’re still flawless. – If your haven’t noticed from the OTR II tour, we are seeing a much curvier Beyoncé and she is happy with it because she has learned to love her new body. Being a woman in this society is very difficult because we are always fighting for some type of equality, when it comes to work, pay or social status. But one thing that we should not add to our plate is the battle of trying to fit “societal norms”, which is not the norm for the majority of women who give birth! Instead of looking in the mirror and hating the stretch marks or the new pouch that you now have, wear them with pride. Each line represents the love that you have given your baby before and after birth. The pouch holds the joy of giving life to a miracle. Stop shaming your body and start using the affirmation that “you wake up,flawless!”
- Forget the Snap Back! – The snap back seems to be all people want to talk about after a woman gives birth. The questions shouldn’t be how much weight have you lost, rather it should be, have you snapped back emotionally and mentally. While pregnancy and motherhood is a beautiful gift, the in between of delivery can be a scary experience, like in Beyoncé’s case with Rumi and Carter. As she put it in her Vogue interview, “ After the C-section, my core felt different. It had been major surgery…I am not sure everyone understands that.” The first one who needs to understand what’s going on is the person standing in front of the mirror –YOU! The fact of the matter is, yes you are different and you need to give your self time to accept and love the new you. Focus on the snap backs that can be a part of your reality, you as the new Mom, or Mom again, your happiness, your peace, your health, and if that means your six pack then by all means go for it, but not for anyone else but yourself. Remember, you’re the boss of your body’s well being.
- Listen to your body! – Now that you have accepted your body, it’s time to listen to your body! This time around, Beyoncé was very careful about going right back on stage, realizing that she did her body disservice after having Blue Ivy. After Rumi and Carter she gave herself 6 months before preparing for Coachella (which was a magical performance!). We never want to forget our passions and goals but there is a time for everything and we want to make sure that our mind, body and spirit are aligned to carry on the tasks that are lying ahead of us. Jumping into something too soon can cause more harm than good. According to the CDC, 1 in 9 women suffer from Post Partum Depression. Too often the symptoms are ignored because of the busyness of life. Take the time to know your body again while you are bonding with your kids.
- Always give yourself Credit – As mothers, we sometimes sell ourselves short from all the things we accomplish on a daily basis. The fact that you have the responsibility of raising a human being to be a vital part of their community is something you should be very proud of. Everything else is icing on the cake. You slay! All day, every day you slay! And that’s all I have to say about that!
- Get your confidence back! – As Beyoncé says in “Ego”, “Some women were made, but me, myself? I’d like to think that I was created for a special purpose”. Can we get an Amen?! God created you for a special purpose, whether it is to be the stay at home mom to your children, the creative Mompreneur, the CEO Mom, or the Artist Mom, we all have been given gifts that are meant to be shared with the world. No gift is too small but each has its own meaning that is meant to touch someone’s life in the most special way. So go ahead Mom, dream, work hard, and grind till you own it! Go ahead and get in formation! You got this!